Thursday, November 09, 2006

Injury Forces Correspondence

Well then....

I'm starting over with blogging, journaling, writing one's personal thoughts for public consumption, whatever one would call it. I tried this once before, but I had more going on than I could handle. So I figured I'd try my hand at this again.

A little about myself: I'm male, bald, and old. I am married and the father of teenagers. I am a practicing Paramedic (note the key word here: practicing). I am a musician without portfolio. In other words, I don't have an instrument other than my voice. Some people would rather I didn't sing, others tell me I should try my hand at performing professionally. My attitude is simple - it is my life, not something I wish to make a living at.

So why did I title this first blog entry "Injury Forces Correspondence?" Well, I hurt my back on the job a few days ago. I expect to be able to go back to full duty in about a week or so, but in the meantime I'm taking pain medication and muscle relaxers to get the muscles I injured to settle down and not hurt so much. And I decided that I wanted to take another shot at putting up a site of my own. I figured that I could do this again with more consistency than I had in the past, and maybe I could make myself more understandable this time. At least I hope so.

I've been looking at other people's blog sites as well, but the one that has inspired me more than any other is The Anchoress. I've been reading postings at her site as of late, and I have been impressed with the content, but I have also been enjoying the insight and thoughtfulness that both she and those that post comments and replies up there. There are others as well, and I will try to mention those that get my attention over time.

Another site, for anyone with an interest in battlefield, tactical, or operational medicine, is NH-TEMS. It's a new site, devoted to topics related to what I have mentioned. Its moderator, who happens to be my partner at work, is experienced and skilled in dealing with tactical and operational medicine and has been for a number of years. When he's not working as an EMT, he's a Tactical Medic and a U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman. While he can make me a little nutty from time-to-time (and I'm sure I do the same to him) I enjoy working with him and I'm proud to call him my friend. He truly is one of the good guys.

More to come. For now, Peace.

No comments: