Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Sneezathon


Thank you, Thomas. It's perfect for this post.



The problem with spring is when everything blooms I go into sneeze spasm. It's as if it's all I can do not to sneeze with abandon. I can't help it, and the only thing that seems to keep me from having a major problem is 10mg of Loratidine, also known as Claritin. It doesn't cure the allergies, but at least I can breathe.

It is beautiful in my corner of the world today. The current temperature is 85 degrees F, a far cry from the cold weather we had a couple of weeks ago. The leaves are finally coming out of the buds and the flowers are starting to blossom. It's worth having to take the Claritin to watch all of this glorious activity. In a couple of weeks, the pool will be open and I suspect we'll be having a yard party to celebrate the beginning of summer. I am so looking forward to that.


I got my wife a dining room set that she wanted for her birthday. It's funky - all metal and granite. It can be used either indoors or outdoors and it has a stand for an umbrella. We got it at Sam's Club of all places and paid half of what it was originally selling for. I was happy, and she was happy. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do for Mother's Day. Shouldn't be hard, should it?


I worked my 24 yesterday - we did 10 calls, which averages out to approximately 2. 5 hours per call. Not bad, considering it takes about an hour to get a call done from dispatch to going back into service. I'm working for one of the other agencies I moonlight with tonight from 6:00PM until 6:00AM tomorrow, which means I need to wrap this post up pretty soon. This particular agency is the Goffstown Fire Department - I started back up with them a little over a month ago. I'd been with Goffstown Fire for about 5 years previously during the mid-90's until July of 2000. At that time I was doing both EMS and fire supression, and that was where I discovered how much I liked the job. Fire fighting is noble and necessary, but I'm not cut out for it. I have no problem, however, being bled on, peed on, puked on, spit on, and assaulted. I figure I can where PPE where necessary, and if someone assaults me I have two choices: have the police deal with the subject in question, or deal with them myself. In some cases, it may be safer for the police to handle it because when I'm defending myself from someone who potentially could harm me I will do what is necessary to ensure my personal safety. That's all.


Anyway, they'll hopefully be more tomorrow, provided I'm not brain damaged from the night's work.....


Courtesy of Jeremy's Photo Album

No comments: