Sunday, June 24, 2007

End of Another Weekend

I was saddened, but really not surprised when I read the CNN story about Jessie Davis, the pregnant woman who had gone missing almost two weeks ago. I was also not terribly surprised when I read that the police officer boyfriend was taken into custody and charged with her murder. Call me cynical, but this type of scenario seems to play itself out way too often in our society. Why is that, I wonder? Is it because we've managed to raise a generation of men who don't have the courage to be men and take responsibility for their actions? Or is it because of the things our parents did in the '60's and '70's that have come back to haunt us? I don't know the answer to these questions, but I do know that this sort of thing has happened more than once lately, and I'm sure that it will continue to happen as time goes on.
I have to work later on today, but I at least wanted to put down some thoughts before I left. I worked last night from 6:00 until 11:00, and my relief was kind enough to come in an hour early, so I really left at 10:00. Very nice of him; I will remember that. I also started some new medication to treat the ADD that I deal with. Adderall, which is Dextro-Amphetamine, is what I was prescribed. I had been taking Concerta, or time-released Ritalin, which worked well for a while then stopped. My doc switched me to Strattera, which I took for a couple of months that had to stop because the side-effects were causing me lots of problems. So now we try the Adderall. One thing I'm dealing with immediately are headaches; I don't know for certain if this is a common side-effect, but I'm on day 3 of a nearly constant headache. Fortunately, Ibuprofen seems to help, and as long as I'm careful, I can moderate my caffeine consumption to help manage the headaches. We'll see how it goes.
Hard to believe that it is nearly the end of June; I still remember when it was cold outside. Currently about 80 degrees F outside, sun's out with some clouds. I can deal with that. I'm hoping that tomorrow doesn't warm up like the weather forecast says it's supposed to. If it does, however, I'll just deal with it.
Happy summer!

No comments: