Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Midday Break

Well... another day. A birthday, in fact. Mine. I'm officially another year older, but I don't feel it. As it is, I took today off and I'm doing work around the house, so I guess I'm really not relaxing. I mowed my grass this morning, and I'm taking a break from changing out window shades. I'm also putting new anti-virus software on one of my computers, which is okay - it needs to be done.

Mixture of sun and clouds outside at the moment, more clouds showing than sun. Nearly 80 degrees F, actually a pretty nice day.

Back to work.

When night stirred at sea,
And the fire brought a crowd in
They say that her beauty
Was music in mouth.


And few in the candlelight
Thought her too proud,
For the house of the planter
Is known by the trees.

Men that had seen her
Drank deep, and were silent.
The women were talking
Wherever she went.

Like a gong that is rung
Or a wonder told shyly.
And O... she was the Sunday
In every week.

-- Austin Clarke, "The Planter's Daughter"

No comments: