Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Mrs. ManchMedic

Today is my wife's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but it doesn't matter. She is still the same person she was yesterday. She is as beautiful, as smart, and as good a person today as yesterday, and I am still fortunate to be her husband. And I imagine I will continue to be for the forseeable future.


I haven't been able to write since Thursday last because I've been trying to get some things done. Also, I am writing from work so this could be cut short, so I will try to get everything in. All of my testing has come back either negative of within normal limits. My stress test came back normal and my pancreas is working normally. Plus I am now licensed as a Paramedic in Massachusetts. Life is good. And I have a job opportunity that I am looking in to. More to follow on that as time goes by.

I went back to work yesterday. Didn't want to, but it was necessary. We started using Panasonic tough-book computers for documentation with the Zoll Rescue-Net software package. It's not too bad; I can knock out a run report in about 20 minutes, and for some strange reason I am regarded as one of the people that seems to have a clue about how to operate them. Could be my techie background; who knows. At any rate, I'm working with someone who is not too savvy when it comes down to technology, so I've had to walk her through stuff in terms of getting to where she had to go with certain reports.

While it's a painful process, I figure it's only a matter of time before it becomes second nature. And it's not even that bad now, but there are some people who just don't get it. Over time, however, I'm sure they will.

I will write more later. I still have things to ruminate about.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Happy Birthday, indeed, Mrs. Manchmedic!