Saturday, October 04, 2008

Gas Grill Success

Earlier this past week my wife and I replaced our gas grill. We purchased a Char-Broil from one of the housewares chains that is closing stores in Southern New Hampshire. We paid $199 for it where it was originally priced at $279, which we were really pleased with. It required assembly, which was more tedious than complicated. Total time to put it together was approximately 2 hours, and when I connected the tank and lit it up, it worked! I didn't get blown up, and my wife showed incredible restraint - she is the mechanical genius in the house, not me, and she has a real talent for fixing anything that requires hand tools. As for me, my talent extends only to plumbing, and maybe some things that are electrical. Other than that, I'm usually all thumbs. Not this time, though - it is solid, and it works.

I've made it a point to take some time off during the month of October. I'm going to work my regular schedule, but I need to recover and not work so much. I'm tired. Life is too short to work too much.

As for tomorrow, my wife is taking me to the circus. Barnum and Bailey at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester. I'm looking forward to it. I've always been a sucker for the circus, and the last time we went we had a great time. So that is my motivation to get through the next 20 or so hours of this shift.

No comments: