Monday, December 29, 2008

The Dust Has Settled

At least for now. Figure New Year's Eve is the day after tomorrow and they'll be more dust, but not like Christmas. Life is returning to a more "normal" pace, if such a thing really exists. Frankly, I'm not certain it does; I think that normalcy is one of those things that is different for each one of us, depending on our circumstances. Normal for me is definitely different than normal for most of the people I know. I do believe at some point it will change, probably when I am able to return to work - it will go back to something that I'm familiar with over time. Until then, I'm patiently waiting, doing the things I have to do so that I can be healthy, and trying not to push things too far too quickly.

As I write this I know there are other things I should be doing, and I will get to them. One of them is replacing the inside door clip on our dryer. Broke yesterday during laundry - how exciting.... I also have to have the propane tanks for our gas grill re-filled. As I am still using it even during the winter, I have to do this. Otherwise, cooking outside could be a minor problem.

All in all, a rather boring day in this part of the world. But I figured I would at least make a mark on the page to at least signal my continued presence out here. And I will simply have to find things to write about, even if I write fiction or poetry. Speaking of which, my friend Ellie does that; she writes phenomenal poetry, some of the best I've read. Worth reading, otherwise I wouldn't have included the link. Another wonderful writer is Michael Morse, another friend I've made out here. He is a Lieutenant with the Providence Fire Department, and he has published a book about his experiences as a member of Rescue 1. As I haven't read the book yet, I can say that his blog is one of the finest pieces of on-line journalism I know of. On the non-medical side, there are a couple of blogs that I am quite fond of. One that I added to the roll recently is published by my friend Karen Westhaver. She is the music director at the United Church of Penacook. She also happens to be the Pastor's wife. And John, her husband, has recently started writing on his own as well. They are both pretty prolific in what they talk about, and I can be sure to find pearls of wisdom in anything either of them says. I'm pretty certain anyone who reads them will see that as well. My friend Fr. Peter Preble, a Romanian Orthodox priest from Southbridge, MA, is another blogger I follow frequently. He also publishes a podcast that I'm now able to download without difficulty - I couldn't get it onto my other MP3 player before, but it's much easier to get with iTunes. So now I can listen...

I will write more before 2008 ends and 2009 begins. For now, off to the errands!

1 comment:

Evil Transport Lady said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to see you are still in the land of the living:)