Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Parrot Heads

In the spirit opposite the previous post, I realize that Jimmy Buffett’s music isn’t Irish. Far from it. However, as many people celebrate today, it is easy to remember that the atmosphere at many events is, for lack of a better word, festive. So it the atmosphere at a parrot head show. If you’ve ever been to see him, you’ll know what I’m talking about.

This is probably my favorite Buffett tune. Often he will dedicate this to the men and women of the U.S. Navy, especially if he is performing near a port.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Rob Walker said...

Love that song. Nice find on the video!

Hope you're doing well, and I hope you'll be posting during rehab, too.

Unknown said...

Thanks.

I certainly plan to - what else will I have to do but live in my head for two weeks and write about it?

:)