Saturday, April 11, 2009

Confinement: Episode 7

I started my day off with a bang. Eating breakfast – the tray slipped and I managed to wear a full glass of orange juice. Got behind me, around me, under me…. It was very uncomfortable, and I felt really stupid. Martha took care of getting me cleaned up, teasing me all the while. That’s okay; it’s her right to tease.

One of the things she told me a long time ago, on a day when I was feeling particularly sensitive, is that she teases me the way she does (and she teases me regularly, mostly because I do stupid stuff and bring it onto myself) because she loves me as much as she does. If she didn’t tease (or worse, didn’t talk to me), I’d be sad indeed. And I know how much she loves me – that’s evidenced by the way she’s taking care of me. I can’t ask for more.

I saw “Coming to America” recently – it was playing on one of the cable networks. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it (I’ve seen it more times than I can remember), but it is a funny movie. Definitely not high theater, but it is good entertainment. If you didn’t notice, Eddie Murphy is made up to look like a white Jewish (I think) man in the clip below. It is the very end of the movie, and it caught me enough by surprise the first time I saw it that I nearly fell off of my chair because I was laughing so hard. I still laugh when I see the barbershop scenes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Now that is funny! Thanks for sharing. Good girl you got there. Keep cool!