Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Countdown

As of today there are 25 days until the Breast Cancer 3-day. And I'm writing this post as sort of an appeal to you all who read this.

I'm sure at least some of you are aware that Martha walked last year and I worked on the Medical crew. This year we are both working as members of Medical. However, Martha is still working on fundraising. She has raised $500.00 up to now and she has set a personal goal of raising $1,000.00. Her goal is less than last year (she raised just over $2,500.00 last year for the walk) but still substantial, nonetheless. And she is looking for help getting to that goal.

Notice the widget that is at the left of this post. If you click on that, you'll be taken to her personal page at the 3-day web site. If you would, please consider donating to this cause. It is one that she and I both take personally as her mother is a breast cancer survivor. And I know a number of women (and a couple of men, in fact) who had breast cancer; some are alive today. Others, including my Uncle Bill, are not.

I realize that money is tight for many people. But I am still asking.

If you can't, I understand.

If you can, thank you.

No comments: