Monday, August 31, 2009


Yup. That’s me. Haven’t written in a few days. It’s certainly not because I haven’t wanted to. I just have not had time. So I’m putting some stuff down now because I have a few minutes.

The last racing day was yesterday. I for one am unspeakably happy about that. On one hand it will knock down the number of hours I’m working, which will impact my income some. On the other, however, I’ll have a little less stress going on in terms of places that I have to be. That said, I’ll be working in the First Aid office every other Wednesday for a while helping Cynthia, the person I work for there. She has had some personal issues that have required her to be out on those days. So she asked me if I’d work on her behalf.

It’s not going to be a hard job. First, it’s only six and one-half hours every other week. Plus, it’s not rocket science. And I’ll be able to study while I’m there.

It doesn’t get much better than that.

I worked in Hooksett today for Tri-Town. It was kind of a nutty day. We didn’t transport a patient, but we’d been all over the place. More on that later.

Last week I replaced my Smartphone. I had a Verizon Wireless phone that started to be troublesome. I was having trouble with software plus the phone itself was having hardware problems that would have required me to get it replaced anyway, and between the two things going on with it I decided to do what I could to replace it. So – I paid the requisite fees and got a Blackberry.

Since I’ve had it, I’ve discovered I like it very much. So much, in fact, that I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get one when I initially replaced my phone. But that’s okay. Better late than never.

I spent some time this weekend getting everything set up. I’d written about the problems I had with Microsoft Active Sync before and how much of a nightmare it was. To get everything done that I needed to with the Blackberry took a lot less time, and I am able to synchronize it to my PC by Bluetooth, which I never could do with the VW phone.

So part of keeping my life organized it taken care of. All I have to do now is get the rest of my act together, and I should be better.

And I’m working on that.


TOTWTYTR said...

I joke with my paramedic friends in New Hampshire that each medic I know up there has about eight jobs.

You've just shown that it's no joke, it's a sad reality up your way.

Walt Trachim said...

It's true. And it really sucks.

Karen Brook Westhaver said...

Walt, it's just WRONG that in your profession you need to cobble together different "jobs" to make it all work. But, "Slacker"? Sitting next to me while I was reading this, PJ asked me what I was chuckling about....YOU? Slacker? HARDLY! So far from it, one cannot even put that concept in the same sentence with any pronoun representing you. So glad your Blackberry's working out for you, and that doing the First Aid gig will also allow you time to study. But please just remove that "slacker" term from your vocabulary...regarding you, at least, will ya? :-)

Ckemtp said...

I've only got 3 jobs. I had 4 but one laid me off because they could hire people for significantly less than what I was making.

Yay paramedicine...

I feel ya buddy, with working the 100 or so hours that we need to every week, raising a family, and whatnot... it's hard to maintain a blog. Try though, we miss ya when you're gone