Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tricks or Treats?

This is today’s big question,

I guess one of the things I worry about is whether or not some of the more malicious out there could cause trouble. There is potential for that every year at this time, and it’s important to keep in mind that it is not really any different now than it would be at any other time of the year. Or so it would seem.

At the moment I am sitting down watching “Ghost Hunters” – appropriate Hallowe’en fare, I suppose. I can’t say I think it’s crap, mainly because I think anything is possible. And the show, at least, is entertaining. Their analysis of whatever findings they get are almost always inconclusive, though. I have to wonder if that is done purposely to keep the audience wondering.

Last night my class had a lab practical exam. Not sure I did well on it; there was more histology than I expected to see, and I’ve been having trouble with tissue samples and microscopes anyway simply because I can’t really make out the samples all that well. This played itself out for me; I know I missed a number of the samples that were presented. And it was frustrating for me; I would have liked to have been able to identify them better, but I simply couldn’t do it without difficulty. The only good thing is that the labs and practical exams are about a third of the total grade. The lecture exams are two-thirds, and I’m having a better time with those.

I’m thinking that tonight will probably be interesting down here; the overnight supervisor just left the base station, and he admonished all of us working to make sure we keep the trucks locked and be careful, etc. That’s fine; we will be careful. And the night is definitely young.

No comments: