Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

Indeed.

Today is the first day of 2010 – already proving to be an interesting weather day in my corner of the world. I’m watching snow fall on the pines from my perch in the living room, and it looks like the kind of snow that could stay with us for a while. Not too fluffy but definitely visible as it comes down. A west wind appears to be moving the snowfall as it is coming down at an angle.

I can’t really complain about it. After all, we are officially in winter now, and what good would it do? So I’m going to sit back, watch it fall, and just enjoy it.

I am hopeful that 2010 will work out to be a better year than 2009 was. Between all of the misfortune felt by so many and the personal tragedies that went along with that, I’m really not sure that it could be much worse. I know just from my own perspective that 2010 will be a better year – it has to be. As of right now, I’m healthy (as are my family) and i and mine are doing well overall. I’m going to be a grandfather for the first time soon – perhaps a little sooner that I would have liked, but that’s okay. After taking time to get used to the idea, I’m looking forward to it.

Anyway, I hope and pray that all of you who read this blog will have a happy and peaceful New Year.

No comments: