Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trapped In My House

Today there was construction on the road at the corner where the street I live on junctions with the main secondary road it is attached to. I discovered this at about 10:30 this morning when I was going to try to get out for a while to take care of some business; it turned out to be a problem when I couldn't get out of my driveway. Because of this, I couldn't go anyplace. But I was able to get some things done, so maybe it wasn't a bad thing after all.

I haven't written in a while, mostly because I have been buried with the work related to classes. Fortunately the semester ends in a couple of weeks. Plus, my son Jon graduates from college at the end of the first week of May. I'm proud of him; he has done well with his studies, and I think he may have found a job already, but I can't confirm that. Regardless, I know he will do well.

Another note about the impending end of semester: mine ends in a couple of weeks also. I'll be happy when it's over. Not that it was an exceptionally difficult semester academically, but I had a lot of distractions that caused me to not do as well as I personally would have liked. The biggest distraction was the business with my arm; I had to contend with a lot of aggravation because of it, and my ability to concentrate was pretty seriously impeded. But I'm working on getting that all behind me. I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this coming Monday and I truly hope he clears me for full use. But we'll see what happens.

I am also going to attempt to write more; over the past few months I've been a dismal failure. No time and sometimes no inclination. I, however, want to do better with it because it is truly something I enjoy, and I miss not being able to put thoughts down. So I am going to make the effort to get better at that, too.

Well - the road crew has finally left. I could go out if I wanted to, but I don't.

No comments: