Monday, October 22, 2012

Recap

My last post was a little over 6 weeks ago. It goes to show how busy life is when classes are in session. I have had a lot to do, between taking 2 biology-based courses and a foreign language. The good news is that this is the last semester that I have required courses. In the spring I expect to be back in the classroom, but only taking courses I want rather than need to take. I have to wait to see what is offered before deciding what to take on.

Today Martha and I spent some time cleaning out our garage. I didn't believe the amount of sheer stuff that we had in there that needed to be pulled out. It looks like I'll be making multiple trips to the transfer station with things that need to be disposed of, and none of it - totally none - is salvageable. At least we will be able to get a car into the garage now, though; that was not possible before. And it was a lot of work, between getting everything out that needed to go and re-arranging the items that will stay, but it is not a problem now. Also, access to the grill and the snowblower are set, and they should not be difficult to access even with a car parked inside. The last thing that I need to do, however, it get a peg board that I can put up to hang brooms, shovels, etc., on. That is a project for this week.

Tuesday I have an appointment at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy for the second time. I am planning to re-apply for admission to the Physician Assistant program for the 2014 class. I had applied for 2013 (starts in January) but I was put on the wait list. I suspect it was because my application material went to the wrong campus (Worcester instead of Manchester). I could be wrong, however; maybe I wasn't an appropriate candidate at the time. However, I don't know the answer to that question. I guess it remains to be seen whether or not this is the case. So I will make another attempt at gaining admission to the program and see what happens. It is the best I can do.

If I get accepted, then there is the question of how to finance it. I don't know the answer to that question yet, but we will see.

On the subject of work... I now have 3 instead of 2 jobs. In addition to working in Goffstown and in Boston, I was hired by an ambulance service in the western part or New Hampshire. I haven't done any real work for them yet except for orientation, but they have requirements that are slowing me down from being able to pick up shifts, including a requirement of spending a day in the emergency room at their resource hospital. While I think it is a good idea in principle, it is one more thing I don't have time to do because of my academic obligations and my existing work schedule. It's kind of frustrating, but I'm trying to find ways to work with it.

More to follow in the days ahead. And I feel like it is an endless game of catch-up. I simply need to find the time and just write....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

19FYI..I see you are trying to get into the PA program at MCP.
There is also a PA program at Bay Path college. I am not sure if you are aware of this one.
Maybe a "back up" if you are not accepted at MCP for a second time.
I read your blog from time to time.
You offer valuable info and I often learn new things from your writings.
Zoey