Saturday, September 27, 2014

Weekend's Early Start

Saturday morning and it's growing light.
I look out my window and remember the night.
The story is starting and this story ends
And I feel like I need you again.

Time used to mose softly when I was at home.
It went on without me, and left me alone.
Now it's sits at my shoulder and claws at my hand
And I feel like I need you again.

Well, I recall September, and leaves turned brown
Remember October, left leaves on the ground.
And here comes December like an elderly friend.
And I feel like I need you again.

-- Tom Chapin

It is nice to have weekends off, for the most part. I get to spend time with my family, which is something that was denied to me for years due to the demands of the job. And most of the time I can sleep in. Except for this morning;  I was awake at 4:30. For no reason. But I've been relaxing and watching Peyton exercise her incredible imagination. Later on I think Martha and I are going to go to the beach. Even if we don't go, just being able to spend time together is enough.

There is enough to do here that I wouldn't necessarily have to leave, either. That's true enough. However,  it is a nice enough day today (and tomorrow is supposed to be nice also) that I may get nothing done. Not a problem, though; sometimes it's perfectly fine to do nothing.

And I'm fine with that.

No comments: