Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Searching For A Subject

I've been working on this post off and on for about a week. I have not been writing at all lately, or even infrequently at best. It's not because I've lost interest, but I seem to have run out of steam.

Part of the reason that I write infrequently or sporadically is because of the difficulty I have in finding things to write about. It's not that subjects aren't available; certainly there are. My problem seems to be that there is simply too much to consider. At least I think that is what's going on, but I can't be sure. With that in mind, I have some things percolating in my head that I may actually be able to put in a post.

Over the past week my my work life has undergone a phase shift. A couple of weeks ago I was offered a position with Lifeline Ambulance, which I accepted and started at the beginning of this week. They are an EMS transport provider based out of Woburn, Massachusetts. That also happens to be where I will be working the two 24 hour shifts, Tuesdays and Fridays. I was happy with that schedule but I am having to shift everything else around because I accepted this job, and I may end up with some of my work going away. Or maybe not; I have had to make changes which, for the most part, have been reasonably  successful. But like anything else, it is always interesting when change is effected; other things are usually always impacted. So you adjust. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Always do your best.

The weather here has fluctuated over the past couple of weeks. A lot. And my body is feeling it. We are supposed to be getting a considerable amount of rain over the next two days. I certainly can tell that this is happening due to the joint soreness,  especially in my shoulders, my hips, and the back of my left calf. Plus I have picked up a dry cough. I'm not certain where it comes from but I don't appreciate its presence. It has to be due to dry air in buildings. But I'm likely wrong about that;  there has been a lot of illness around. And I'm sure I picked up something I shouldn't be fighting.

As I write this I am watching the sky continue to be dark. At 6:00AM.  Over the past 6 hours the Spice Fairy has visited. Multiple patients in with issues related to it. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with most of the associated nonsense, but I hear about it from other staff. In addition, I have no doubt it will continue. I expect nothing less.

No comments: