Wednesday, August 01, 2007

College Visits

Hard to believe it is August 1, 2007, already..... School starts in just over 4 weeks in most places up here, and today my son, his mother, and myself went to his first college visit at Keene State College. He wants to study mathematics, mostly because he wants to teach, but he is also very much interested in theater arts and wants to be involved in their arts program, I suspect. He's quite bright, very likely more than qualified for their honors program, although I'm not totally certain what the criteria for that program is. That said, he is going to look at some other schools as well, but he is very much interested in Keene. The town is nice - if you've never been there, it's worth the visit, especially at the pumpkin festival in October - and it isn't terribly far from here. We got there in just over an hour from Goffstown. And we have another year to ruminate over it. After all, my boy is going to be a high school Senior this fall.

My God.... Time flies. I still remember the day he was born and how little he was then. Now, he's nearly my size, has more hair (everybody does....) and is better looking than me. I'm quite proud of him.

Not much going on in the work arena. I worked a 24 yesterday over two different places. I only did one call in that time; a big change from working city shifts. However, I'm doing a 24 on ALS-3 in Manchester tomorrow. That will surely be busy; usually it always is during the week. And I have little doubt that tomorrow will be no different.

Here's to the rest of the week. More to talk about probably Friday.

No comments: