Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Year-End - It's Getting Close

Okay.... I tried to write this earlier today but for some reason I couldn't post it. And when I tried to save what I wrote, it disappeared. Not good. So, on that note I will make another attempt to write something meaningful.

It is hard to believe that in less than 48 hours 2007 will be all done. Fini. Bye-Bye. I simply can't believe it, myself. With that said, it's going to happen. The passage of time is inevitable, as are other things, like death, taxes, and aging, however gracefully that happens. Fortunately, time is an invention. It isn't really real, and even Einstein couldn't truly understand how something like the continuum of time could truly exist. He came to the conclusion that it can't, and from there he was able to eventually formulate his ideas about the relativity of time and space.

Kind of interesting that Einstein, for all practical purposes, started with nothing and came up with the theories that are widely regarded throughout the scientific community and are taught so thoroughly.

As much as I had a fair amount of trouble over the past few months, I have to say that overall there was a lot of good that came out of 2007. I learned new things, I got to help bring a baby into the world, I got to help a fair number of people, and I got to experience the love and support of my family and friends in a number of very special ways. I am grateful for that. I also realized that if we have nothing else, we have to have at least some amount of hope. Without it, we can't survive. I heard a quote from a movie once that really stuck with me: "Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." No matter how bad some of the places I've been to have seemed, I've almost always been able to find a silver lining in those situations. I will continue to look for those silver linings.

I expect to be able to submit one more post before the end of the year. Until then, I leave you with one more bit of humor. For those of you who live in the Boston area and are able to watch the New Year's Eve marathon, here is a sample....



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: