Monday, June 02, 2008

Beautiful Weather

It really doesn't get much better than this.... About 75 degrees outside with a mix of sun and clouds. Dry. If it stayed like this year round I would have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Busy weekend, but a lot less so than the week prior. I got out of work Saturday morning and went to the track to work qualifiers. Between qualifiers and post time we had about 2 hours to kill, so I found a quiet space to crawl up into and take a nap. I got a little over an hour, and I was happy with that. It made the rest of the afternoon bearable. After post time it started raining - more than it should have, and the track conditions deteriorated into misery. It was just plain nasty as the track became one big mud bog. The drivers (this is harness racing, not thoroughbreds) all looked as though they could have been mining coal or something equivalent to that.

On the other hand, Sunday was much better and drier, and the track conditions were excellent. My wife accompanied me, which made the day so much better. Being able to spend time with her is always a bonus, no matter where we are.

I don't know if I've talked about this at all, but she also gently persuaded me to volunteer to work on the crew for the three day walk she's doing in August. I specifically requested to work with the medical team, and from what I understand they are always hurting for medical providers. I'm hopeful that they pick me up for that. If not, I'll do traffic control or set up and break down tents. Doesn't matter either way.

I'll write more later on. For now I'm going to simply enjoy the gorgeous day we're having.

No comments: