Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boys With Big Trucks

I got a call from my landlord about an hour ago. It seems my stepdaughter has the friends over and they're parked on the grass. It's not that the landlord so much thinks it's a big deal, but some of the young men currently at my house (while I'm at work) own some rather large vehicles that are questionably high off of the ground as well as really noisy. One of the neighbors called him to let him know what was going on, and he called me. So I had to call the house and get the guys to move their trucks, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And last week I received a call from one of the police officers in town that I know well about the same thing with the trucks parked at the house. It was a friendly, unofficial phone call, but I do know where they can, and usually will, lead.

Do I need this? No - I don't think so.

It is really frustrating; I am extremely concerned about my neighbors mainly because my landlord has a good relationship with them and I don't want to cause trouble for him. At the same time I have to walk the line with them as well, and I don't know these people yet. And since they've made complaints about my daughter's friends twice in one week, it makes me think we're not off to a very good start with them.

So anyway, I was able to get in contact with my wife who then talked to "the girl" as we affectionately refer to her as well as the boys, and the trucks got moved.

I have to say that these are some really big trucks! Not just high, but really big. They are also really loud, and it makes me laugh that people actually go and spend money to make their vehicles louder. But it's the same principle as with motorcycles, I suppose: the louder the better.

No comments: