Saturday, August 09, 2008

Getting Closer To The Walk

I'm at the front end of a stretch of work designed to get me out of harm for a few days next week - the walk is getting closer. As I said in my last post, we're getting closer to The 3 Day. We're heading out on Thursday morning and coming back Sunday night, and while we're gone, Martha will be walking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Total of 60 miles in 3 days.

She met her fundraising goal today - she had to raise $2200.00 to walk, and she went over that figure. Of course, it is never too late to donate.

I know; that was a shameless plug. But it is for a really good cause. She's walking for her mother (who is a survivor) and her aunt (who is not). And anyone who puts in the effort to train and to fundraise and to make others aware of how nasty breast cancer is deserves to be supported in this. I'm extremely proud of her. And I hope that what I'll be doing is at least a little supportive of the efforts of those people - both women and men - who are walking.

Pray for decent weather.

As for the rest of the marathon of work..... When I leave Boston (where I am right now) tomorrow morning, I'll go home and sleep for 7-8 hours, then go to Manchester and work 38 hours straight, 14 overnight Sunday on ALS-5, then 10 on ALS-7 in Nashua and 14 overnight on ALS-11, a Nashua 911 truck. I'll get off Tuesday morning, go sleep again for another 7-8 hours, then go to work overnight in Goffstown from 6:00P-6:00A. Wednesday I'm working at the track for the day, from 9:30 until around 4:00. Then I'll go home and pack.

Honestly, I'll be happy when it's all over - it's all for a good cause, but it is a lot of work.

Anyway, back to work for me - calls coming.

No comments: