Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I have a lot to be thankful for.

With some of the misfortune I've had to deal with over the past couple of months I've had episodes of frustration - no denying that. However, in looking at the big picture my problems are small in comparison to those of so many others.

I am thankful for many things, not the least of which is the love of my wife and family. In spite of being hampered by dealing with injury recovery, I am thankful for overall good health, not just for myself, but for my wife and children as well.

I am thankful for wonderful friends who have shown me considerable care and support during my relative hiatus from the outside world.

I am thankful that I have an employer that has been really helpful in terms of my material needs. I know - it's the law - but that doesn't matter. That they have gone out of their way to make sure I have what I need to get through the process of healing says a lot.

I am thankful I have the freedom to speak the truth. And I pray for those that can't.

I pray for those who are not so fortunate right now. I hope that those that need help are able to get it, and I also hope that the burden that those folks are carrying right now is lightened for them in some way.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: