Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Widget Has Returned…

See it? It is sitting at the top of the page, below the byline of this blog. Except this time it is mine.

In a recent post I talked about Martha’s and my intent to walk this year’s Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer. I’ve been training for it, and I am also trying to fundraise. My goal is $2300.00 by the time the walk happens on July 23.

If you’re willing to donate to what I believe is a worthy cause, click on the widget and make a donation. It doesn’t matter how much you donate; one way or another I will raise the funds that I need for this walk. But I know there are a considerable number of people that read this blog. And I know that if each of you contributes a small amount of money I’ll get it done fast and not stress about it in July.

When I say small, I mean really, truly small – I’m looking for $5.00 from any of you who are willing to donate. If 230 people donate $5.00 each, I’ll be done.

If you donate more, I certainly won’t refuse it. And I will be grateful to you for doing so.

If you are reading this blog post from Facebook, there is a widget on my sidebar that will reflect the amount of money raised by me. At this point the number sits at zero, and I want that to change quickly… If you click on it, I believe it will bring you to the same site the widget does. If it doesn’t, then come directly to this page and click the widget under the by-line.

As I said, I believe this is a worthy cause. There are some reasons, mostly women I know, and their families, who have been affected by breast cancer. That includes Martha’s mother; she is a breast cancer survivor. And – it is my third year being involved with it. The first two years of my involvement were as a member of the medical crew. I know that many of you who follow me have read about my experiences both years I was there. The reason I’m walking this year, however, is because I was challenged to do so. Martha and I talked about it and she compelled me; her belief is that if you are involved with this effort, you have to walk at least once to understand what it’s like for those people who walk year after year.

I couldn’t argue with her.

So – if you can – please make a donation. As I said, I have until July 23 to get this done and I want to have it finished much sooner.

If you have any questions about this, please: ask me. Either leave comments on my blog or send me a message or a comment on Facebook.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

Just a little donation Walt as I seem to be doing so many lately but bless you for doing this and every GOOD LUCK from us here in the UK.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Walt,
I have made a small donation and assure you of my prayers and best wishes in your endeavour !

Unknown said...

And I thank you both - very much :)