Friday, July 04, 2008

The Komen Widget

Look to the left of this post and you will notice a widget in the margin. As I've said in previous posts, my wife is walking in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day For The Cure. It is to benefit breast cancer research. She's doing it for a number of people she knows that are survivors. I'm also involved - I'll be working on the medical crew for the event.

She is looking for donors - I'm not sure where she is at now for a total of money raised, but she needs to be at $2200.00 to be able to participate. I'm hoping she gets there, and she can really use the help. I have a link to her own blog in my own list of links further down on this page. Help her out - click on the link and donate.

She'd really appreciate the support.

In other news..... I'm sort of working finally as a medic for Cataldo in the capacity of a crew member, not a third rider. That started yesterday, much to my surprise. And it was busy - 16 hours of non-stop craziness that ended with another dead guy. At least 12 hours down when we got to him. 36 year-old male, history of diabetes, unknown cause. I'd be willing to bet it was hypoglycemia that went untreated and killed him, but I could be wrong. And did I mention he was naked on the floor of his room when we found him? That was a bit strange.

I'm hoping any of you who read this have had a great July 4th.

No comments: