Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Widget Is Back

Last year at this time, I had the widget for the Breast Cancer 3-day up here. I put it back because it is coming up again, and it is not mine; it is Martha’s. I figure one widget at a time is enough... She walked last year (60 miles over 3 days) and raised approximately $2500.00 before the walk. This year she’s trying to raise $1000.00, and she and I both are going to work on the medical crew. I did that last year (I wrote about it after we returned) and I worked my ass off, but it was among the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had. And – they are always hurting for medical personnel. So, bear with my lame pitch attempt here, but if you live in the Greater Boston area, are a medical provider (an MD/DO/DC, an RN/LPN, a physical therapist, or an EMT or Paramedic) they would love to have the help for the weekend of 7/24-7/26. And you need to come on 7/23 for a training day.

Information can be found here.

No comments: